1. Wash new jeans twice before taking them to the tailor. Why? Because jeans will always shrink in length when washed.
2. Use white wine to remove red wine stains.
3. If you get an oil stain on your favorite handbag, coat the mark with baby powder and let it stand overnight. By morning, the stain should be gone. If a bit still remains, repeat the process until the stain is completely gone.
4. The secret to well-fitting everyday clothes is Lycra. The formulas to look for: 95% cotton/5% Lycra spandex for T-shirts, and at least 2% Lycra for jeans to hold their shape.
5. "Never put your swimwear in the washing machine, and always hand dry. The machine will damage the suit and it will lose its elasticity. The only exception: At the end of the summer or vacation, wash your swimwear in lingerie washing bags on the gentle cycle with a bit if Drift or Woolite. But only after many wears." -
Shoshanna Gruss, Designer
6. While fake designer bags are a huge don't, fake diamond studs are a huge do. Faux stones are hard to spot to the untrained eye.
7. "Never put a garment on immediately after ironing, as this can actually cause new wrinkles to form. Instead, let it sit for five minutes to set the press." -
Althea Harper, Designer and Rowenta Brand Ambassador
8. Snap clip-on earrings onto flats for an instant evening shoe, or onto shirt collars for DIY embellishments.
9. If you get wax on a piece of clothing, layer wax paper over the hardened wax and then run an iron over it to loosen it up. Once you pull off the paper, the wax should come right out with it.
10. Spray tights with sticky (read: cheap) hairspray to avoid holes and runs.
11. Bonus tip:
Join the list for more great tips and first access to sales, specials, and more!